15.7 C
New York
Thursday, May 19, 2022

With an official statement, does Barcelona abandon Halland’s career?

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Barcelona president Joan Laporta has hinted at his withdrawal from the race to sign Norwegian Erling Haaland, the German striker for Borussia Dortmund.

The Catalan club are among those desperately wanting to sign the 21-year-old, who is drawing the attention of big European clubs, led by rivals Real Madrid and Manchester City.

And the club’s management earlier admitted it had met with Italian Mino Raiola, Halland’s agent, to complete the deal at the end of the season.

The famous journalist Fabrizio Romano, an expert in the transfer market, published Laporta’s statements on his Twitter account, in which he said: “We will conclude at least 4 deals, to strengthen the attack, the midfield and the defense.”

Laporta confirmed that Barça had already signed free Ivorian Frank Kessie, AC Milan midfielder.

He also indicated that he came close to signing Danish defender Andreas Christensen, a Chelsea defender, in another free deal, after reaching a verbal agreement with him.

Asked about Barcelona’s position on the incorporation of Halland, Laporta pointed out the difficulty of obtaining the player’s signature and said: “There are contracts that we cannot close because they harm our economic situation until 2023.”

Barcelona may be left out of Haaland’s career, not least because there are media reports that the value of the deal may break the €300m barrier, including the player’s salary throughout the contract and commissions. his agent and father.

Source link

- Advertisement -

New Articles