Today it will be about the Too Faced Born This Way Matte 24h makeup base. From what I know, it is supposed to replace the old Peach Perfect Foundation in the range.
After seeing two very positive reviews of this product, both with combination skin like me, I had to have this. So we dedicate ourselves to the usual questions and criteria in the following post.
What does the manufacturer promise?
- 24 hour shelf life
- Oil control > Oil-free, waterproof and life-proof formula.‘
- covers imperfections
- medium coverage
- Matte finish
- no rust
- feeling of lightness
- Contains hyaluronic acid, alpine rose and coconut water.
- 38 colors
WaterAquaEau, Cyclopentasiloxane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Methyltrimethicone, Butylene Glycol, PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone, Magnesium Sulfate, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Tribehenine, Phenyltrimethicone, Silica, Sodium Hyaluronate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Cocos Nucifera ) Fruit Juice, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Endosperm Liquid, Ferruginous Rhododendron Extract, Glycerin, Lecithin, Dimethicone, Methicone, Disodium Phosphate, Xanthan Gum, Propylene Carbonate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Cellulose Gum, Laureth-7, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Pentaerythrityl tetra-di-T-butyl hydroxyhydrocinnamate, sodium dehydroacetate, phenoxyethanol, [+/- Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491), Iron Oxides (CI 77492), Iron Oxides (CI 77499)]
Prices without discounts
My current skin situation 03/2021
I almost always have small blemishes on the jawline towards the chin. Otherwise, I have enlarged pores, especially on the cheeks and between the eyebrows. My skin is typical combination skin that is often dehydrated. During the day I get oily/shiny on the T-zone ie forehead, nostrils, on my car and on my chin.
I originally wanted to order a color but was never sure which one I wanted. I’ve had it in the shopping cart a thousand times and still haven’t ordered it. In the end I went to a Sephora. If I hadn’t done this, I would have gotten another foundation in the wrong color.
A total of 38 shades are offered. But it was not so easy for me to find the right shade. Because around my shadow, they were The tones are too dark and too yellowish, or just plain too bright.
After trying all the colors in the store, I decided on Pearl. This shade doesn’t fit 100% either, because it’s a touch too bright for my skin. But incorporated and into the overall picture with bronzer, blush and co., the color does not look bad. Oddly enough, Pearl “For fair skin with neutral to pink undertones” recommended. Somehow I feel this tone quite neutral, with a hint of yellow.
Now you may be wondering, “So why did I buy it anyway?” I am a bit of a foundation addict and really wanted to give it a try! 😉
- cloud – For very fair skin with neutral to pink undertones
- Swan – For very fair skin with neutral undertones
- Snow – For very fair skin with neutral to pink undertones
- Ivory – For very light skin with golden undertones
- Almond – For fair skin with golden undertones
- shell – For fair skin with pink undertones
- talking – For fair skin with neutral to pink undertones
- porcelain – For fair skin with neutral undertones
- vanilla – For fair skin with neutral undertones
- Naked – For fair skin with pink undertones
- warm nude – For fair skin with neutral undertones
- Light beige – For fair skin with neutral undertones
- golden beige – For fair skin with golden undertones
LIGHT to MEDIUM, MEDIUM AND ROAST
- natural beige – For fair to medium skin with neutral undertones
- warm beige – For medium skin with neutral undertones
- sand – For medium skin with golden undertones
- Golden – For medium skin with rosy undertones
- praline – For medium to tanned skin with golden undertones
- warm sand – For tanned skin with golden undertones
- Honey- For tanned skin with neutral undertones
- candy – For heavily tanned skin with neutral undertones
- brulee – For very tanned skin with golden undertones
- mocha – For heavily tanned skin with pink undertones
- Nut butter – For very tanned skin with golden undertones
DEEP, VERY DEEP AND DEEPER
- maple – For dark skin tones with neutral undertones
- Chestnut – For dark skin tones with golden undertones
- chai – For dark skin tones with golden undertones
- Mahogany – For very dark skin tones with golden undertones
- spiced rum – For very dark skin tones with pink undertones
- Hazelnut – For very dark skin tones with pink undertones
- Tiramisu – For very dark skin tones with golden undertones
- cocoa – For very dark skin tones with neutral undertones
- saber – For very dark skin tones with pink undertones
- truffle – For very dark skin tones with golden undertones
- ganache – For very dark skin tones with neutral undertones
It took me 2-3 tries before the Too Faced Born This Way mat really fit me. For one, that was due to the tools, that is. Brush, sponge or my fingers and the base: my skin.
In order to get this product to blend perfectly with my skin, I had to create an extremely careful base. The last wash should not be older than a week. No areas prone to dryness and a very, very rich moisturizer that absorbs well.
With these prerequisites, Too Faced Born This Way Matte Foundation worked really well. With a brush and then lightly blended with a sponge, it sits better on me.
I would describe its coverage as medium and its finish is not extremely matte. A very slight shine remains on the skin after applying it fresh.
At this point I am beyond surprised. Many foundations promise extreme durability and oil control effect, but I actually had this feeling here. There are hardly any products on the market that I’ve tried so far that get my T-zone fat under control so much that, in theory, I don’t even have to powder it daily. But the Born This Way rug really is a dream when it comes to durability.
People with very dry skin may have a hard time.
- oil control
- very long durability
- feeling of lightness
- It draws my skin a little smoother and finer.
- Order: My skin has to be very well prepared for me to be perfect
- Finding the right color is quite difficult. Recommendation: look in the store!
* Minimum order €79. Only while stocks last.
*Only while stocks last.
Valid until March 25, 2025
*Only while stocks last. Exclusions apply.
Valid until January 1, 2023
I’m not sure I would classify these as beginner friendly. It must have taken me three tries to figure out which tool was best suited for the job. And how do I have to prepare my skin so that it looks great on me? But after all this adjustment, I really liked it. It lasts forever without me having to powder it. It sits lightly on my skin and also draws it in a bit more evenly.
You should definitely like matte foundations, and as already described above, I imagine they might be too matte and drying for dry skin types. But feel free to correct me if you have already tried it and it still works.
The Too Faced Born This Way rug is definitely a recommendation of mine!
I hope to have another review with you soon!