25.5 C
New York
Saturday, August 13, 2022

The drama of the 12-year-old boy who was left brain dead by the dangerous ‘Blackout challenge’

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

A 12-year-old boy was found unconscious with a rope around his neck.. He was at home doing the “blackout challenge”, a viral challenge that consists of holding your breath until you pass out.

Those who play this “challenge” of social networks, they look for objects such as ropes to tighten the neck. Simply put, thousands of children attempt suicide in the belief that they are playing a game.

Since April, Britain’s Archie Battersbee has remained in a bed strapped to devices and brain dead, a state he will never wake up from according to medical reports given to the family.

The family won’t let him go

The boy’s parents resisted the terrible decision to accept Archie’s disconnect. The trial was so publicized that even the UN intervened in the case.

It turns out that the doctors concluded that the boy, who arrived at the London hospital with all the characteristics of a hanged man, advises to remove the devices that fill his lungs with air and make his heart beat.

But the parents want to burn all boats and wait longer in hopes of seeing a response from the little one.

This Friday, a UN court order urged Archie to stay connected contrary to what UK doctors and courts are saying. “This is the first victory for the Battersbee family against doctors at the Royal London Hospital,” he said. The Spaniard. All the while, the High Court in London, the Court of Appeal and the Supreme Court have sided with the doctors.

Doctors leave parents no hope

an old practice

The boy followed viral challenges on Tik Tok, a Chinese social network that brings together millions of users and where hundreds of challenges have been posted with fatal consequences. However, despite the requests received by Tik Tok, its representatives appealed to the fact that many of these challenges already existed before the network itself.

“We remain vigilant in our commitment to user safety and would immediately remove related content if found,” a spokeswoman said, noting that TikTok is very new and Fatal Games are old.

Parents must be increasingly aware of the content their children see on the networks

The first cases of choking due to this challenge are known in 2008, since then, at least 82 people have died from the challenge, according to the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). 87% of the cases were male, and mostly between the ages of 11 and 16,” he quoted Debate.

Families have accused the platform of encouraging minors to test themselves by constantly showing them very dangerous challenges.

Related content

A TikTok user opens an egg box and finds a hen!

A girl found out in the middle of the sea that her boyfriend had cheated on her


Source metroecuador.com

- Advertisement -

New Articles