Police have confirmed that no criminal investigation will be launched after allegations of sexual offenses were made against actor Noel Clarke.
Last year, The Guardian published allegations of misconduct by 20 women who knew Clarke in a professional capacity.
In a statement at the time, Clarke said he “vehemently” denied “any sexual misconduct or wrongdoing.”
But he added that he was “deeply sorry” if some of his actions had affected people “in ways I didn’t intend or realize”, and vowed to get professional help “to educate myself and change for the better”.
Now, in a statement first reported by the Sunday Mirror, the Metropolitan Police said it had carried out a “thorough assessment” and concluded that the information received “would not meet the threshold for a criminal investigation”.
Scotland Yard said in a statement: “On Wednesday 21 April 2021, police received a report from a third party relating to allegations of sexual offenses allegedly committed by a man over a period of time.
“After a thorough investigation by specialist detectives, it was determined that the information would not meet the threshold for a criminal.
“We shared our findings with the third-party organization and updated whistleblowers who subsequently contacted us after the initial report.
“If more criminal charges related to those already assessed are reported, they will be fully considered.”
Following the allegations, ITV pulled the final episode of the drama Viewpoint, in which he starred, and broadcaster Sky, which had aired Clarke’s Bulletproof series, said it would stop working with him.
Bafta also suspended Clarke’s membership in the organization and her Outstanding British Contribution to the film award, which had been presented to her in April 2021.