Fancy a refreshing and light dish on a summer afternoon? With this delicious berry variant, this wish is quickly granted, without the heat of the oven!
Fresh strawberries are on many people’s bucket list for a delicious summer snack – whether pure, on a cookie base or with ice cream – they are always a treat. But do you already know these soft strawberry pies? The fresh dessert is easy to digest and can be prepared in just a few steps.
Fixed Mixed Summer Fun
- 450 grams of strawberries
- 300g whipped cream (this can be processed with vanilla sugar and whipped cream if needed)
- A packet of butter biscuits (200 g)
- At your convenience: A cinnamon-cocoa mixture as a sweet filling
All together in minutes:
- Cut the strawberries into small pieces or thin slices.
- Now mix the whipped cream (if necessary with vanilla sugar and cream stiffener) into a fluffy, stiff mass.
- The next step is to start layering the dessert in a mold of about 20cm x 20cm. First start with a layer of cream before repeating the following pattern: butter cookies, cream, strawberries. If you run out of ingredients, think about the end of the pie: for the topping, it is best to end with a layer of strawberries.
- If desired, you can sift a cinnamon-cocoa mixture over the strawberries before the mold needs to rest in the refrigerator for about three hours.
- Remove the mold and carefully cut the layers into ready-to-serve pieces to enjoy the chilled treat.
Other wetsuit highlights:
It’s not just strawberries that are delicious with this refreshing summer dish. Blueberries, raspberries or a mix of berries also make a wonderful pie variation. If desired, several other fruits can be combined, sometimes mixed into a mash, sometimes left whole – or the biscuit layer varies. It’s also very good with chopped cookie pieces and can be easily served in glasses. However, you need a few more grams for this so you don’t run out of ingredient. Lady fingers dipped in chilled coffee can also be a tasty change from cookies. Since they are already sweetened, the cream can remain without any additives in this case – or it can be mixed with a little instant coffee powder.