Italy has launched a scholarship program towards latino students countries that are part of Italo-Latin American International Organization (IILA) and who wish to carry out post-graduate internships to specialize or update their knowledge. Thanks to the call, the requirements have been specified and one of them is to have a maximum age of 40 years. The benefits and evaluation criteria are also detailed.
The statement clarifies that this program is organized by IILA, with funding from the Directorate General for Development Cooperation of the Italian Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation (DGCS/DFAIT) and in this note I detail everything you need to know if you want to apply, according to what is exactly detailed in the document:
- Agri-food and food technologies: With a focus on tropical fruits, indigenous products, animal feeds, nutraceuticals, functional foods and the application of new technologies to products and food safety.
- Environmental sustainability and renewable energies: Emphasize actions aimed at the protection of water, air and soil, the conservation of biodiversity, Earth observation, the fight against desertification, adaptation and mitigation of the effects of climate change and the study and/or development and application of green energies (wind, solar and/or geothermal).
- Life sciences and biotechnology: With priority to proposals related to pediatric medicine, oncology, chronic non-communicable diseases, as well as those related to the application of biotechnologies in the health, environment and/or energy sectors. feed.
- Earth sciences and use of space technology for Earth observation: With particular emphasis on geology, oceanography and hydrology, as well as the use of space technologies for the study and observation of the Earth.
- Conservation, guardianship, restoration of cultural heritage: Emphasizing proposals that consider the enhancement of tangible and intangible heritage, the participation of communities and training projects for trainers.
The scholarship will have a duration of 3 to 6 months and consists of a monthly installment of 1,200.00 Euros (1,225.56 USD at the end of this note) which would cover the cost of accommodation and food. In addition, the scholarship holder will have health, accident and civil liability insurance.
Travel costs to and from the country of origin to Italy must be borne by the scholarship holder or the entity to which he belongs, as well as any costs for obtaining the necessary documentation for the stay in Italy.
- Be a citizen of one of the Latin American member countries of the IILA (Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Cuba, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, El Salvador, Guatemala, Haiti, Honduras, Mexico, Nicaragua, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Uruguay and Venezuela).
- Have a maximum age of 40 years. In the case of applicants with children, the age limit is increased to 1 year per child (up to 3 years/children).
- Possess a university degree (grade) in a career directly related to the sector for which it is presented and proven experience.
- Submit a specific work/research/course outline, which can be completed within the time required to develop the research, indicating the weekly workload thereof. In the case of courses, the program itself must be sent.
- Have an acceptance letter from the institution where you want to do the scholarship.
- That the stay or internship ends before 31/01/2024.
- Develop work tasks, seek or maintain collaboration with public (preferential), private entities or NGOs in the sector that act in Latin America, related to the subject of the scholarship requested. These circumstances must be evidenced by a covering letter from said entity.
Necessary to apply for the scholarship
- Have knowledge of the Italian language.
Selection and evaluation criteria
- Academic profile, merit and academic and professional background.
- Originality or thematic need in the country of the project.
- Potential for impact of the course/research developed by the candidate upon their return to their country.
- Geographical distribution of candidates, taking into account the priority countries for Italian cooperation and the human development index communicated by the United Nations Development Program (UNDP).
- Type of institution where you wish to carry out the scholarship/stay, giving priority to public institutions with recognized experience and also those that have cooperation agreements with IILA (these can be consulted on https://iila.org/it/accordi-sottoscritti-dalliila-dal-1966-ad-oggi/).
- On equal terms, priority will be given to applicants who have not already won an IILA scholarship in previous editions.
How to register
- The candidate will choose alone and according to the project he wishes to carry out, an Italian or international institution based in Italy, public or private, and will contact it directly and without the intervention of IILA.
- If you are accepted by the said institution, you must request a letter of acceptance (on letterhead and with details of the project/course to be developed) signed in original by a representative/authority.
- Registration can only be submitted by completing the online form available on the IILA website: www.iila.org / Facebook @SecretariaTecnicoScientifica Applications must be submitted in Spanish, Portuguese or French). Applications in other languages will not be considered. All requested information must be uploaded to the platform no later than September 30, 2022 (24:00 GMT+2), the closing date of the call.
Other aspects to consider
- Persons wishing to apply are informed that the originals of the documentation sent by e-mail may be requested during the selection process.
- Candidates undertake to submit a final report on the internship/course carried out within a period not exceeding 30 days from the date of the end of their stay in Italy.
- Incomplete applications and those not received within the above deadline will not be considered.
- The scholarship cannot be combined with any other scholarship granted by Italian public entities.
- Only candidates selected by the Evaluation Commission to participate in the scholarship program will receive the official communication from IILA. In any case, after the selection, the list of winners will be published on the IILA website: www.iila.org.
- At the time of scholarship acceptance, selected individuals may be asked to present a certificate of good physical/mental fitness.
- For any other information that is not clearly explained in this call, you can contact the following email: [email protected]