Eating is a pleasure and no one can dispute that. The act of eating is more than just ingesting food: it is about trying new flavors, appreciating textures and that all this experience connects us to new sensations and even connects us to memories of the past, of our childhood.
And if you want to live new culinary experiences, the new list of The 50 best in the world 2022 with the best restaurants in the world.
Top 10 best restaurants in the world
Next, we’ll share with you the top 10 restaurants in the world, including two created by Mexicans, who keep climbing high in global cuisine.
1. Geranium / Copenhagen, Denmark
– They have a local tasting menu that changes seasonally.
– This is the first Danish restaurant to win 3 Michelin stars.
– They focus on seafood and vegetables.
– It is located on the eighth floor, with a panoramic view of a park, completing the gastronomic experience.
2. Central / Lima, Peru
– It is an ode to Peru, its dishes reflect its landscapes, its history and its traditions.
– They focus on land and sea foods.
– They offer fresh scallops, calamari and clams from the Peruvian coast and the Sacred Valley they offer bacon and goat’s neck.
3. Enjoy / Barcelona, Spain
– Offers an exciting and dizzying roller coaster dining experience.
– Contemporary techniques, daring combinations and the desire to surprise are some of the characteristics of this restaurant.
– They have an outdoor terrace and a private lounge for creative cuisine.
4. DiverXO / Madrid, Spain
– He has a bold approach to his dishes.
– Chef Dabiz Muñoz trained in the best restaurants in London and Madrid. He is the youngest in the world to have obtained a Michelin star.
– The tasting menu offers 12 innovative dishes.
5. Pujol / Mexico City, Mexico
– It was founded by chef Enrique Olvera in 2000.
– One of the characteristic dishes is the Mole Madre, Mole Nuevo, one of which has a maturation of 2500 days.
– The chef’s favorite dishes feature on an omakase menu and include amberjack ceviche with hearts of palm, fennel and parsnips.
6. Etxebarri Grill / Atxondo, Spain
– It is located in the Basque Country, with a breathtaking view of the mountains.
– The kitchen has six custom-made grills designed by Chef Victor Arguinzoniz himself, who also invented utensils such as mesh pans.
– The restaurant respects the intrinsic natural flavors of local products and gently encourages each ingredient to reveal its potential.
7. Homeland of Pork / Sao Paulo, Brazil
– Emphasizes pork in all its forms. It offers a tasting and à la carte menu using all parts of the pig.
– They also have vegetarian options as good as the original menu with pork.
– The main course of Porco San Zé is a variety of pork roasted with vegetables for six to eight hours.
8. Quintonil / Mexico City, Mexico
– Focused on fresh local ingredients and traditional Mexican flavors and techniques in unique modern preparations, Quintonil is quickly becoming a classic.
– The tasting menu may contain seasonal dishes such as spider crab in green taupe with kaffir lime and blue corn toast, or nopal sorbet.
– Offers tacos made from insects like grasshoppers and chicatana ants.
9. Lido 84 / Gardone, Italy
– It is located on the shores of Lake Garda in northern Italy.
– The menu shows the products of Lake Garda and the green pastures of the region.
– Highlights include the Torta di Rose, a light-as-air cake with Garda lemons, and the 400-proof eggplant parmigiana.
10. Le Calandre / Rubano, Italy
– Aroma, spice, texture and essential oils are masterfully used to unlock a palette of primordial memories.
– It opened its doors in 1981, being a family restaurant with deep Italian traditions.
– We found a distilled coffee risotto with caper powder, anchovy bottarga and white truffle: a combination of flavors that achieves a perfect balance between bitter, aromatic and salty.