On Sunday July 31, the Giro d’Italia Ride Like a Pro will take place in Quito. There will be several road closures and a mobility plan will be executed. In addition, some Trole and Ecovía services will be modified from 06:00 to 14:00.
- The C1 circuit will go from Recreo to Colón with a return to the south.
- The stops are closed: Cuero and Caicedo, Mariana de Jesús, El Florón, Estadio, La Y, Plaza de Toros.
- The Carcelén terminal and its feeder lines are closed: Alborada-Bellavista, Calderón-Cabuyal, Calderón-Oyacoto and Colinas del Valle.
- Labrador station and all its service roads are closed: Rumiñahui, Kennedy-Eden, Popular Committee, Los Laureles, Cotocollao, Llano Grande, El Cisne-Zabala.
- While the C4 Quitumbe-Colón circuit and the C6 Quitumbe-Recreo circuit will operate normally throughout the day.
- For the duration of the competition, the supply lines of the Río Coca station will be closed: Carapungo – Eloy Alfaro Carapungo – Simón Bolívar. Likewise, the Río Coca-Labrador integration is suspended.
- All stations and stops in this corridor will operate normally throughout the day.
Sunday July 31
From 05:00, more than 600 closures will be carried out which will include sectors of the north, the valley and the north central of the capital. Participants will depart from Bicentennial Park on Amazonas and Holguín Avenues and return to the same point. Courses will be activated as the competition progresses.
Roads and Roads Closed
They will include the following streets and avenues: De La Prensa, América, Luis Mosquera Narváez, Gaspar de Carvajal, La Gasca, Enrique Ritter, José Berrutieta, Antonio Herrera, Humberto Albornoz, Mariscal Sucre, Redondel del Condado, Diego de Vásquez, Carcelén interchange , Panamericana Norte, Collas, Alpachaca corridor, E 35, Pifo roundabout, Jamil Mahuad, C.2, Caldas, Pintag Central Park, Riofrío, Antisana, Oswaldo Guayasamín, Ruta Viva, Lumbisí Step, Oswaldo Guayasamín tunnel,, Shyris, Eloy Alfaro, República, Amazonas, Bicentennial Park.
Drivers during the event will have the following alternate routes:
- Av. De La Prensa direction south-north of La Florida until the Condado roundabout.
- Av. América heading south-north from the University at the ‘Y’ interchange.
- Calle Enrique Ritter, in both directions from Av. University at Diego Zorrilla Street.
- Humberto Albornoz Street, from Ignacio de Quezada to Alejandro de Valdez Street.
- Av. Mariscal Sucre, heading north-south, from the De los Caracoles interchange to Av. University.
- Av. Diego de Vásquez, going north-south, from the Carcelén interchange to Av. Marshal Sucre.
- Av. Panamericana Norte, north-south direction, from Km 0 to the Carcelén interchange.
- Av. Eloy Alfaro, in both directions, from the Carcelén interchange to Av. August 10.
- Av. 6 de Diciembre, in both directions, from Av. Tarqui at Galo Plaza Lasso.
- Av. Galo Plaza Lasso, going south-north (right lanes), from the El Labrador interchange to the Carcelén interchange.
- Alpachaca connector, south-north direction.
- Av. Oswaldo Guayasamín, in both directions, from Julio Tobar García Street (entrance to Puembo) to Siena Street.
- Ruta Viva, from Quito to the airport.
- Lumbisí Step, from the Lumbisí roundabout (Av. Oswaldo Guayasamín) to Ruta Viva.
- Av. De los Shyris, from Av. Republic of El Salvador until December 6.
- Av. Gaspar de Villarroel, from rue Japan to Av. Eloy Alfaro.
- Av. Amazonas, from Mariana de Jesús to the Homeland.
- Av. December 6, in both directions.