The Giro d’Italia in Ecuador will take place in Quito from this Friday July 29, Saturday July 30 and Sunday July 31, 2022, and two municipal parking lots will be available. More than 600 road closures will be put in place during this event. The tour will include several points in the city with routes of 40, 90 and 150 kilometers, depending on the Municipality of Quito.
In the Bicentennial Park car parks, north of Quito, 797 spaces will be available. While in La Carolina Park, 672 spaces will be enabled.
They will open from 06:00 to 22:00. However, once the AMT has activated its security and road closure system, no one will be able to enter or exit the parking lots.
1,721 agents from the Metropolitan Transport Agency (AMT) will carry out checks, surveillance, closures and detours thanks to a mobility plan. Then know the road closures from this Friday:
friday july 29
There are no planned closures. Traffic control will be carried out in the vicinity of Bicentennial Park, north of Quito. If necessary, controlled vehicle restrictions will be applied.
Saturday July 30
For the assembly of the fence and the structure there will be a closure. It will be from 8:00 p.m. on Saturday July 30 until 7:00 p.m. on Sunday July 31. It will be closed to car traffic on Amazonas Avenue, from Río Topo Street to De la Prensa Avenue, in the south-north direction.
Sunday July 31
From 05:00, more than 600 closures will be carried out which will include sectors of the north, the valley and the north central of the capital. Participants will depart from Bicentennial Park on Amazonas and Holguín Avenues and return to the same point. Courses will be activated as the competition progresses.
Roads and Roads Closed
They will include the following streets and avenues: De La Prensa, América, Luis Mosquera Narváez, Gaspar de Carvajal, La Gasca, Enrique Ritter, José Berrutieta, Antonio Herrera, Humberto Albornoz, Mariscal Sucre, Redondel del Condado, Diego de Vásquez, Carcelén interchange , Panamericana Norte, Collas, Alpachaca corridor, E 35, Pifo roundabout, Jamil Mahuad, C.2, Caldas, Pintag Central Park, Riofrío, Antisana, Oswaldo Guayasamín, Ruta Viva, Lumbisí Step, Oswaldo Guayasamín tunnel,, Shyris, Eloy Alfaro, República, Amazonas, Bicentennial Park.
Drivers during the event will have the following alternate routes:
- Av. De La Prensa direction south-north of La Florida until the Condado roundabout.
- Av. América heading south-north from the University at the ‘Y’ interchange.
- Calle Enrique Ritter, in both directions from Av. University at Diego Zorrilla Street.
- Humberto Albornoz Street, from Ignacio de Quezada to Alejandro de Valdez Street.
- Av. Mariscal Sucre, heading north-south, from the De los Caracoles interchange to Av. University.
- Av. Diego de Vásquez, going north-south, from the Carcelén interchange to Av. Marshal Sucre.
- Av. Panamericana Norte, north-south direction, from Km 0 to the Carcelén interchange.
- Av. Eloy Alfaro, in both directions, from the Carcelén interchange to Av. August 10.
- Av. 6 de Diciembre, in both directions, from Av. Tarqui at Galo Plaza Lasso.
- Av. Galo Plaza Lasso, going south-north (right lanes), from the El Labrador interchange to the Carcelén interchange.
- Alpachaca connector, south-north direction.
- Av. Oswaldo Guayasamín, in both directions, from Julio Tobar García Street (entrance to Puembo) to Siena Street.
- Ruta Viva, from Quito to the airport.
- Lumbisí Step, from the Lumbisí roundabout (Av. Oswaldo Guayasamín) to Ruta Viva.
- Av. De los Shyris, from Av. Republic of El Salvador until December 6.
- Av. Gaspar de Villarroel, from rue Japan to Av. Eloy Alfaro.
- Av. Amazonas, from Mariana de Jesús to the Homeland.
- Av. December 6, in both directions.