The days filled with barking dogs and wagging tails are typical for the owner of a dog boarding. You are familiar with how busy your schedule can be when you’re starting your dog boarding business or if you’ve been doing it for some time.
How to Select a Dog Boarding Software
A dog boarding software investment is therefore crucial. So that you can spend more time with the animals placed in your care, your dog boarding software will handle a large portion of the hassle of running your business.
When selecting doggy boarding software, it’s important not to bark up the wrong tree, as a responsible business owner. Investing in the right solution early in your pet boarding business plan is essential to storing and managing all your data in one centralized location.
In this guide, we will walk you through the most important considerations to keep in mind when choosing dog boarding software. Through the following elements, we’ll describe dog boarding software in its simplest form:
- Doggy boarding software: getting to know the basics
- Picking the right software for your dog boarding business
- Check out these features before you buy
We hope you walked away from this guide with a clear understanding of dog boarding software’s fundamentals and the next steps you need to take to decide which platform is right for your business. Let’s start!
What You Need to Know
Dog boarding software is what it sounds like.
Digital management software for dog boarding is specifically designed for dog daycares. In addition to scheduling, payments, managing check-ins and check-outs, and tracking vaccination records, schedule management is required to meet these requirements.
Dog boarding software – what are the advantages?
This type of software can provide many benefits to your business operations. By choosing the right software you will be able to:
- It will save you time. You can spend more time during the day interacting with pets and your staff when you use dog boarding software designed for convenience and ease of use.
- Paperless is the way to go. You will reduce your carbon footprint and avoid stacks upon stacks of paperwork in your office by moving your data and management systems online.
- Customers must be attracted. Having an organized and predictable billing and scheduling system is appreciated by customers.
- Keep an eye on your staff. Managing dogs isn’t the only benefit of dog boarding software. Communicating with your staff is also possible.
What to Look For in Dogboarding Software
- Assess the specific requirements of your pet business.
- Pricing for doggie boarding software should be considered.
- Check out reviews of dog boarding software.
- Make sure the vendor you choose offers software support.
Which is better for dogs, boarding software, or both?
As a dog boarding business, you have the responsibility for caring for pets while their owners are away at work. Instead of choosing a general dog boarding business that allows pets to stay for longer periods, you should choose a software system that is tailored to your business.
There are many dogs that come through during the week, so dog boarding sees many check-ins and outs every day. The high turnover rate of dog daycares can be controlled with a software program that is designed specifically for daycares.
Additionally, dog boarding software facilitates the management of credits. Your dog boarding business might offer different packages, or offer flexible packages based on customer needs. You might be able to accommodate a dog owner bringing her pet three times a week, for example. These flexible packages can be tracked by software that automatically charges customers based on their package levels.