18.8 C
New York
Saturday, May 28, 2022

Death of 10-year-old boy charged with involuntary manslaughter

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -


Lower Saxony and Bremen
Death of 10-year-old boy charged with involuntary manslaughter

Verden/Wolfsburg (dpa/lni) – Almost three years after the accidental death of a ten-year-old boy on a school trip in the district of Diepholz, there could still be a trial. “The investigation has been concluded,” a spokesman for the public prosecutor’s office in Verden said on Wednesday. Charges had been brought against the director of the forestry education center in Schwaförden. According to the investigation, he had violated the traffic control on the site and the duty of care.

In June 2019, the boy from Wolfsburg crashed into a truck that was on the site of the forestry education center. The ten-year-old boy was run over by the train truck while playing. He died at the crash site. The study trip was cancelled. The children, the teachers and the staff of the forestry education center were in a state of shock and had to be taken care of. The “Braunschweiger Zeitung” (Wednesday) initially reported on the new development of the case.

The public prosecutor announced that the charge of negligent homicide by omission had been brought before the court of lay judges in Sulingen. According to a TÜV report, the lore was not intended or suitable for gaming, he said. The court must now decide on a possible opening of the process, said the spokesman for the authorities, emphasizing the applicable presumption of innocence.


Source link

- Advertisement -

New Articles