29.4 C
New York
Friday, August 19, 2022

Batgirl says goodbye to her role

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

[ad_1]

Leslie Grace
Batgirl says goodbye to her role

Leslie Grace on the red carpet.

© Tinseltown/Shutterstock

Leslie Grace is grateful for her “Batgirl” experience – even though the Warner Bros. was surprisingly buried.

Leslie Grace (27) also officially says goodbye to ‘Batgirl’: Following the cancellation of the completed film by Warner Bros., the actress who played the lead role has now released a statement on Instagram.

On photos and videos she can be seen during filming, in costume and backstage. In the caption, she expresses her gratitude for the experience. She’s proud of the love, hard work and intention that went into the film for seven months. “I feel blessed to have worked with big names and formed lasting relationships,” the actress said. She goes on to thank all Batgirl fans “for the love and faith” that allowed her to be “her own fucking hero.” She concludes by saying, “#Batgirl for life!”

Grace’s departure from the project seems much more forgiving than that official statement from the directors. Adil El Arbi (34) and Bilall Fallah (36), known for “Bad Boys for Life” and “Ms. Marvel”, among others, were “sad and shocked” by the surprising ending to their statement. “We still can’t believe it,” they wrote. For them, as directors, it is important that their work is shown to the public.

$90 million cost

It was previously known that Warner Bros. wouldn’t like to show “Batgirl” in theaters or through the HBO Max streaming service, like this Industry magazine “Variety” had reported. According to insiders, the decision was not based on the quality of the material, which was already fully packed and reportedly cost US$90 million. Instead, the company’s management again wants to focus more on real cinema blockbusters – and “Batgirl” was intended for the streaming market.

SpotOnNews

[ad_2]

Source www.gala.de

- Advertisement -

New Articles